Place of event: University of Naples Parthenope (virtual event)
The 4th Multiplier Event of the Framework for Gamified Programming Education (FGPE) Erasmus+ project was planned to be held in Naples, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic it will be held online on May, 26, 2021.
In this workshop, we present the final results including the specifications of the gamification scheme and the exercise definition format, and the collection of the produced gamified exercises, and the software.
The workshop has designed in a twofold fashion:
- A presentation of the educational open-source tools produced by the FPGE project dedicated to programming instructors (both school and university).
- An inspirational source for students from schools and universities interested in general-purpose coding, computer science, and engineering.
The event is welcome for everyone but requires a mandatory free registration at the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fgpe-workshop-on-gamification-in-programming-education-multiplier-event-tickets-153447386263
The actual teleconference link will be provided to the registered attendees.
9:30 – 9:45 Welcome – Raffaele Montella (University of Naples „Parthenope”, UNP)
9:45 – 10.00 Greetings from the Dean of the School of Science, Engineering, and Wellness – Prof. Giulio Giunta (UNP)
10:00–11:00 – Keynote about Gamification in Programming Education – Jakub Swacha (University of Szczecin)
11:00–11:15 – Coffee Break
11:15–11:45 – Meet the gamification framework (José Carlos Paiva, INESC TEC Porto, Portugal)
11:45–12:15 – Developing programming exercises (Sokol Kosta & Davor Ljubenkov, Aalborg University Copenhagen, AAU)
12:15–12:45 – Creating gamified learning scenarios (Ciro Giuseppe De Vita & Gennaro Mellone, UNP)
12:45–14:30 – Lunch Break
14:30–15:30 – Plenary – Project Demo (Alicja Haraszczuk, AAU)
15:30–16:30 – Student hackathon presentations
16:30–17:00 – Hackathon awards ceremony
17:00–17:30 – FGPE Plus – Final Remarks & Farewell (Raffaele Montella, UNP)
Below is the list of the Web Technologies “Gamification in Programming Education” hackathon submissions:
• „buggyCodes” F. Riformato – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4chRgkImtuY
• „HcTracs” V. Piscitelli, M.Olivia, S. Mancini – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX2V0vZNCL8
• „LearnFlow” C. Bencivenga, P. Casoria, R. Velvi – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23itJesVfn0
• „ProgLearn” A. Polizio, D. D’Alessandro, V. Mele – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPTEL63bKPk
• „Score2Program” C. Testa, A. Ferrara – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZFaRaIi7fw
The best proposal will be voted during the „FGPE: Workshop on Gamification in Programming Education & Multiplier Event”.
Awards for the Winners:
1st. AWS Lens – Offered by Amazon Web Services Europe
2nd. UDOO Neo Development Kit – Offered by UDOO http://udoo.org
3rd. Raspberry PI 3 + Touch Screen – Offered by the HPSC-SmartLab